There are many things a home owner can do to increase the value of their home. This can be done on the interior or the exterior of the home, from do-it-yourself for the smaller projects to hiring a contractor for the larger jobs. You can give your home a face lift a little at a time. Most home owners don’t have the finances for a complete over haul done all at once. To most people, their home is their largest investment and they would like to keep it in prime condition. Although the price of your home is mostly determined by the current market conditions, there are several things you can do to maximise your homes value.
1. Decorative mouldings can be used throughout the home for interior to exterior, to trim doors, floors, walls, windows, fire places and ceilings. These mouldings can be found at practically all home improvement stores and are fairly easy to install to enhance the look of any room.
2. Kitchens tend to be the greatest investment that many potential buyers look at the most. Replacing cabinets and counter tops, can be done gradually at your own discretion or you may choose a more creative way to improve the old ones by painting the cabinets and replacing the knobs or handles.
3. Double Glazed and triple glazed windows are a great way to increase the value of any house. These windows function better than the old wooden windows by opening for easy cleaning and they conserve more energy in the months when heat will be used the most.
4. Adding a new roof can make a very strong impression. The roof is the first thing people see and this can play a strong role in how much your house will sell for. A new sturdy roof provides protection from leaks that make ugly stains on the ceilings in your house that can lead to more damage.
5. Painting the interior or exterior of a house can transform a house completely with a few coats of paint. You can be as colourful and creative as you like and you can take your time doing so, one room at a time.
6. Flooring absolutely makes the difference in any room. Whether you use vinyl, tiles, laminate, wood or carpet, a new floor can make all the difference.
7. Adding new appliances such as a fridge, cooker, dishwasher, washer and dryer can greatly improve the value of your home. Along with adding a new boiler.
8. Exterior landscaping can enhance a homes value by keeping a well maintained yard to adding strategically placed flowers and shrubs. You can also plant an attractive garden or install a small fish pond. Deciding to install or replace a fence along your property line will also be a great attraction to potential buyers, especially the ones who have children.
9. Adding a new deck is a great asset to the exterior look of your home. These can be made from a variety of wood and sealed to preserve the natural appearance. A new deck will provide the outside recreational area to grill out, while relaxing in a comfortable patio set and enjoying the great outdoors and fresh air.
Adding value to your home can be as simple and as affordable as you want it to be. Most improvements can be accomplished a little at a time, all depending on your time and budget. Smaller improvements can be made by simply adding potted plants along the stairs up to your freshly painted front door or by adding a small table or work of art in your foyer.
A visit to the home improvement store or looking through magazines can spark creativity when doing up your home. Even if you have no idea where to start, one spark can lead to another and another, until before you know it, you have created a beautiful home that you may never want to leave.
Times Have Changed, So Have Property Sales
Beagel.io | Property Sales Platforms
Beagel.io | Property Sales Platforms